Celebrated horror writer Cullen Bunn, artist Danny Luckert, and colorist Marie Enger will release Regression, Vol. 1: Way Down Deep this November from Image Comics. This trade paperback will collect issues #1-5 of the mind-bending horror series.
Plagued by ghastly waking nightmares, Adrian reluctantly agrees to past-life regression hypnotherapy. As his consciousness is cast back through time, Adrian witnesses a scene of horrific debauchery and diabolism. Waking, he is more unsettled than before, and with good reason—something has followed him back. Adrian descends into a world of occult conspiracy, mystery, reincarnation, and insanity from which there is no escape.
Regression, Vol. 1: Way Down Deep (Diamond code: MAR178446, ISBN: 978-1-5343-0337-9) hits comic book stores Wednesday, November 15th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, October 9th.
Image Comics is pleased to announce that the first issue of Regression, from writer Cullen Bunn, artist Danny Luckert, and colorist/letterer Marie Enger, has been fast-tracked to a third printing in order to keep up with overwhelming customer demand.
In Regression, nightmares bleed into the waking world with astonishing ease. Adrian is a young man plagued by these waking nightmares, and when he turns to unorthodox means for a cure, he descends into a world of occult conspiracy, mystery, reincarnation, and insanity from which there is no escape.
Regression #1, 3rd printing (Diamond code: MAY178159) and Regression #3 (Diamond code: MAY170704) will be available on Wednesday, July 12th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, June 19th.
Image Comics has announced that the first issue of Regression, from writer Cullen Bunn, artist Danny Luckert, and colorist/letterer Marie Enger, has been fast-tracked to a second printing in order to keep up with overwhelming customer demand.
Regression follows Adrian, a young man plagued by ghastly waking nightmares, as he descends into a world of occult conspiracy, mystery, reincarnation, and insanity from which there is no escape.
Regression #1, 2nd printing (Diamond code: MAR178820) and Regression #2 (Diamond code: APR170857) will be available on Wednesday, June 14th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, May 22nd.
It was new comic book day yesterday. What’d everyone enjoy? What’d you dislike? Sound off in the comments below. While you think about that, here’s some comic news and reviews from around the web in our morning roundup.
Around the Tubes
Kotaku – Popular Japanese YouTuber Is Getting His Own Manga – Interesting to see. Guess we’ll have to review this for our Manga Monday!
Newsarama – History Channel & Morgan Spurlock To Decode Superheroes – This could be interesting.
Around the Tubes Reviews
Newsarama – Batman #21
Atomic Junk Shop – Mega Princess #5
Talking Comics – Ninjak #26
The Outhousers – Regression #1
Newsarama – Secret Empire #0
Image Comics has revealed the first nine of the variants planned for May’s 25th anniversary theme month—Spawn. Image Comics’ creators bring their interpretation of the iconic antihero by Todd McFarlane to life all month long. Black and white versions of a selection of the covers will also be available.
Each month of Image’s 25th year will boast a theme for special anniversary variants.
Available in stores on Wednesday, May 10th:
- Black Cloud #2 by Ivan Brandon and Jason Latour, cover by Greg Hinkle (Diamond Code FEB178673)
- Regression #1 by Cullen Bunn and Danny Luckert, cover by Danny Luckert (Diamond Code FEB178672)
- Renato Jones: Season Two #1 by Kaare Kyle Andrews, cover by Kaare Kyle Andrews (Diamond Code FEB178668)
Available in stores on Wednesday, May 17th:
- God Country #5 by Donny Cates and Geoff Shaw, cover by Gerardo Zaffino (Diamond Code FEB178676)
- GRRL Scouts: Magic Socks #1 by Jim Mahfood, cover by Jim Mahfood (Diamond Code FEB178669)
- Horizon #11 by Brandon Thomas, Juan Gedeon, Frank Martin, cover by Juan Gedeon and Mike Spicer (Diamond Code FEB178677)
- Injection #13 by Warren Ellis and Declan Shalvey, cover by Declan Shalvey (Diamond Code FEB178678)
- Rose #2 by Meredith Finch and Ig Guara, cover by David Finch (Diamond Code FEB178670)
Available in stores on Wednesday, May 24th:
- Deadly Class #28 by Rick Remender and Wes Craig, cover by Wes Craig (Diamond Code FEB178680)
- Magdalena Vol. 4 #3 by Tini Howard, Ryan Cady, Christian DiBari, cover by Stjepan Sejic (Diamond Code FEB178869)
- The Old Guard #4 by Greg Rucka and Leandro Fernández, cover by Chris Samnee (Diamond Code FEB178674)
- Plastic #2 by Doug Wagner and Daniel Hillyard, cover by Daniel Hillyard (Diamond Code FEB178675)
- Seven to Eternity #6 by Rick Remender and Jerome Opeña, cover by Jerome Opeña (Diamond Code FEB178671)
Available in stores on Wednesday, May 31st:
- Manifest Destiny #29 by Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts, Owen Gieni, cover by Matt Roberts and Owen Gieni (Diamond Code FEB178679)
- Black Science #30 by Rick Remender and Matteo Scalera, cover by Matteo Scalera (Diamond Code FEB178681)
Bram Stoker and Eisner Award-nominated writer Cullen Bunn returns with debut artist Danny Luckert and colorist/letterer Marie Enger for a chilling new series in Regression. The new series is set to launch this May.
Regression follows Adrian, a man tormented by ghastly waking nightmares. Pushed to a point of desperation, Adrian reluctantly turns to past life regression hypnotherapy as a means of understanding and treating the unwanted visions. When his consciousness is cast back through time, Adrian witnesses a scene of horrific debauchery and diabolism before waking up. But Adrian’s more unsettled than before and something dark and unnatural has followed him back… Now Adrian finds himself descending into a world of occult conspiracy, mystery, reincarnation, and insanity—from which there is no escape.
Regression is a frightening exploration of the wickedest corners of the untapped psyche. Regression #1 hits stores on Wednesday, May 10th.