This year, Marvel will commemorate the 10th anniversary of one of its brightest stars—Miles Morales! The young Brooklyn-based Spider-Man took the world by storm when he was created by writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Sara Pichelli’s in 2011’s Ultimate Fallout #4 and has skyrocketed to stardom ever since. The last decade has seen Miles star in both his own hit ongoing series as well as team books such as Champions and All-New Avengers plus major appearances in film, video games, and more. Marvel is proud to celebrate the character’s incredible impact this year with a series of variant covers crafted by the industry’s top artists including Mike Del Mundo, Javier Garrón, and Russell Dauterman. This stunning series of covers will showcase Miles in a variety of different iconic looks from his classic suit to the inspired collection of suits from the blockbuster PlayStation game Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales designed by the Insomniac Games character art team and its talented artists. See him team up with heroes from throughout the Marvel Universe on the covers of your favorite ongoing series starting in September!
Check out the first group now and stay tuned for news about the other ways Marvel Comics will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of Miles Morales this year!
- AVENGERS #48 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by ERNANDA SOUZA
- BLACK PANTHER #2 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by KEN LASHLEY with colors by JUAN FERNANDEZ
- CAPTAIN MARVEL #32 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by DAVID NAKAYAMA
- MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #30 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by JAVIER GARRÓN
- DAREDEVIL #34 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by TBA
- SHANG-CHI #4 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by TAURIN CLARKE
- BLACK WIDOW #11 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER EJIWA “EDGE” EBENEBE
- IRON MAN #12 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by RAHZZAH
- SPIDER-WOMAN #15 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by BENGAL
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #74 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by SARA PICHELLI with colors by TAMRA BONVILLAIN
- DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #1 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by MIKE DEL MUNDO
- FANTASTIC FOUR #36 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #18 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by TBA
- MOON KNIGHT #3 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by GREG LAND with colors by FRANK D’ARMATA
- BLACK CAT #10 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by DIKE RUAN with colors by DAVE MCCAIG
- THOR #17 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by TODD NAUCK with colors by RACHELLE ROSENBERG
- WOLVERINE #6 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by PHIL JIMENEZ
- NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN #6 MILES MORALES 10th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER by DECLAN SHALVEY
For decades, Jean-Luc Picard of Star Trek: The Next Generation has represented an ideal of greatness to science fiction fandom, a character of intelligence, authority, and empathy. Beginning on “Star Trek Day” (September 8th), readers can witness what the galaxy could be like at the mercy of a Captain Picard whose greatness is measured in cunning and cruelty, courtesy of an all-new event, Star Trek: The Mirror War.
Celebrated Star Trek comic writers Scott and David Tipton delve deep into the lore of the Mirror Universe, a perennial favorite concept amongst fans, in August’s Star Trek: The Mirror War #0, illustrated by Carlos Nieto. This zero issue features a new story of “Mirror Picard” as he’s summoned to Earth to face the wrath of his emperor, deftly weaving threads from past Mirror Universe tales in a way entertaining to newcomers and the initiated alike.
Following September’s #0 launch, the series will continue to build year-long tension with issues #1-8 and four interspersed tie-in specials, each highlighting a different member of the Next Generation cast. The first spin-off one-shot, slated for December, will focus on Data. Once complete, the 13-part saga will chart Mirror Picard’s path of conquest across all of the Mirror Universe, stoking the wrath of the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance along the way.
Star Trek: The Mirror War #0 will be available with multiple cover variants for retailers and fans to enjoy, including Cover A by series artist Carlos Nieto, Cover B by Ejiwa “Edge” Ebenebe, and a Retailer Incentive edition by Bex Glendining. Starting with issue #1, J.K. Woodward will be providing cover artwork for every issue.
Marvel Comics celebrates Black History Month with Marvel’s Voices: Legacy #1. In addition to the all-star list of creators contributing to the issue, Marvel’s Voices: Legacy #1 will also have a stunning collection of variant covers by some of the industry’s biggest talents. Natacha Bustos, Olivier Coipel, Ejiwa “Edge” Ebenebe, Ken Lashley, and Ernanda Souza honor Marvel’s legacy of Black heroes in incredible depictions of iconic characters such as Storm, Shuri, Black Panther, Monica Rambeau, and many more.
Featuring a dazzling array of stories by both new and established creators, Marvel’s Voices: Legacy #1 will consist of seven thrilling tales plus an introduction by New York Times best-selling author Nic Stone. Eisner Award-winning writer Nnedi Okorafor pens a Venom story highlighting the importance of heroes who fight for the downtrodden. Explore Blade’s legacy – vampiric and heroic – in a story by writer Danny Lore. And in their exciting Marvel Comics debuts, Ho Che Anderson brings Luke Cage fans an old-school story about the choices that make a hero, author Tochi Onyebuchi tells an action-packed tale of a wild night in Madripoor with Domino, writer Stephanie Williams highlights family in a light-hearted Monica Rambeau story, and Marvel’s most promising young heroes—Ironheart, Ms. Marvel, and Shuri— team up for an adventure by award-winning novelist Mohale Mashigo! Lastly, Academy Award-winning screenwriter John Ridley closes out this epic issue with a poignant look at the impact of Miles Morales. See these outstanding writers take on their favorite heroes in tales designed to inspire and uplift, featuring interior art by ChrisCross, Valentine De Landro, Sean Damien Hill, Ken Lashley, Natacha Bustos, Chris Allen, and Olivier Coipel.
Marvel’s Voices: Legacy #1 hits stands on February 24th!