DC reveals its new website focused on the entire brand
DC has revealed its new website. It’s not just a new design but an entire new url to go with it. Out is dccomics.com and in is dc.com. The new site gives fans easy access to all things DC, from fan-first news to DC Universe Infinite, DC Shop, DC Community, and DC on HBO Max. The new homepage will feature weekly drops of new video content, editorial deep dives, fan discussions, digital experiences, and more, and fans will now access everything from DC Universe Infinite to DC Community with a single, unified user profile.
Already there’s crumbling of the drop of “comics” but for those who have paid attention, DC stopped using “comics” in its branding many months ago. It allows for potential better cross promotion and prevents information dropped into a silo. Now those who search for Sandman will hopefully not just learn about the upcoming tv show but be able to explore the same site and find comics, t-shirts, and more. At least, that in theory is how it should happen.
As said in the press release:
DC.com will be the home for breaking news and deep dives on the latest DC releases across comic books, film, TV, video games – all in one place!
DC.com will expand to include weekly video content ranging from trailers for upcoming releases to look backs at some of DC’s defining moments across all mediums, plus exclusive talent interviews that you won’t be able to find anywhere else, including:
- Super Scenes – Videos highlighting fan-favorite moments and characters from across DC’s storied history in all mediums dropped every Tuesday & Friday.
- Tuesday Trivia – Every Tuesday DC Community will host a themed trivia event where all fans are welcome, but even the most loyal DC fan may be stumped.
- Riddler Wednesday – DC Community will post a riddle every Wednesday for members to try and solve either by themselves or together as a group.
- DC’s House of Listery – Posted every Thursday, DC.com will curate a new list of essential moments, characters and content for fans to explore, add to and debate.
- Monthly Deep Dives on everything happening with your favorite characters, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman across the DC Universe.
- Digital Experiences, including My DC Origin Story, where fans can take part in an interactive story and discover where they belong among the super teams of the DC Universe.
DC Universe Infinite, DC’s digital comic book service, will be celebrating the launch of DC.com with new collections highlighting fan-favorite storylines, creators and tie-ins. DC’s Book Club offers curated selections each month with titles available as free to read for registered users, exclusive downloads, and discussions through DC Community. Fans can get ready for the upcoming August Book Club selection, the seminal The Sandman Vol. 1: Preludes & Nocturnes, just in time for the streaming series debut on Netflix.
DC’s social accounts are also being refreshed to feature the @DC handle across most platforms to coincide with the DC.com launch. All DC branded social handles will continue to roll out new content from across the Multiverse for fans to engage with.
Accessible to all registered DC.com users, the DC Community hub will be unveiling a new live chat feature so that fans can connect in real time. Also added to the DC Community site are new badges and, soon to come, more flair options and avatars that community members can use to customize their user profiles, including options like Batman Fan, First Post, Top Fan, and more. Registered users can also enter to be featured as the Community Member of the Month, highlighting their favorite DC comic book picks. With “convention season” in full swing, the DC Community site will also be the place to show off fans’ artistic abilities in the new cosplay and fanworks gallery.
To celebrate the new website, DC Shop will introduce Premium Collectibles and Limited Edition items as well as new first to market apparel designs for Harley Quinn, Black Adam, and Shazam! Fury of the Gods and accessories including Batman themed LED Lights, Luggage Backpacks, Books and more. The improved Customer Experience will make it easier than ever before to find products featuring your favorite Super Heroes and Super-Villains with dedicated character pages.