Diamond Announces a “Pop Up A Spinner Rack” Program
Since its debut in March, retailer reaction has been strong to Diamond’s 44 Pocket Comic Spinner Rack (JAN188004), which wholesales for $299, with free delivery in the continental United States. Several hundred units have already been sold and feedback has been positive about the unit’s compact footprint and quality construction.
Now, Diamond and Premier publishers, along with Diamond Select Toys are encouraging comic retailers to “pop up a spinner rack” in other “complementary businesses” in their area by offering incentives to retailers who purchase a spinner rack for placement in other businesses.
Retailers qualify by reaching a signed agreement with another business to allow them to place and maintain a spinner rack of comics in their stores for a minimum of six months. Agreements can be reached on a buy-sell or consignment basis with quantities, margin splits, payment terms, and other details being at the discretion of the parties.
For every rack purchased and rack agreement sent over to Diamond, publishers will be providing the following limited edition variants and free goods to offset the costs:
- Marvel: A 1 in 1000 Variant Comic TBD at time of redemption
- DC: MAY178593 DARK NIGHTS METAL #1 B&W MIDNIGHT RELEASE VAR B plus a second limited edition comic TBD at time of redemption
- Image: Retailer’s choice of 50 in-stock Image Firsts, plus a 2017 Retailer Appreciation Variant (while supplies last).
- Dark Horse: JUL168360 V LEGEND OF ZELDA ART & ARTIFACTS HC & JAN080090 V HELLBOY TP VOL 08 DARKNESS CALLS
- IDW: SEP170487 TMNT GHOSTBUSTERS II #1 INCV
- Dynamite: A high perceived retail value item TBD at time of redemption
- Boom: CGC Books & assorted Limited Edition Incentives TBD at time of redemption
- Diamond Select Toys: Retailer’s choice of one in-stock Gallery PVC Figure