Pick of the Week – The Massive #6
Brian Wood‘s The Massive is THE best series you’re not reading, seriously. This comic series follows the crew of a boat as they search for their sister ship the Massive in a world devastated by environmental disasters. The characters are beyond interesting, being layered and not the stereotypical one dimensional characters you see in so many comics.
The world itself is fascinating as we know “what happened” but we have no idea “why.” The series is tense as is the world the characters inhabit. You never know where each issue will take you, as we keep on finding out more about what’s going on, but the events depicted are movie worthy. I’ve found myself digging my toes into my shoes while reading.
Do yourself a favor and get this comic and start reading this series!
- The Massive #6 – see above
- Point of Impact #2 – This is Law & Order in comic form, except it focuses more on the characters within the pages. The first issue blew me away and I expect no less from this second issue.
- Great Pacific #1 – There’s lots of buzz about this series which takes place on the big garbage heap in the ocean, a popular setting nowadays. We’ll see how this “environmental” series does.
- The Marvel #1’s, All-New X-Men #1, Fantastic Four #1, Thor: God of Thunder #1, X-Men: Legacy #1 –How can you not include all of Marvel’s reboots/relaunch/continuations this week? If you’ve wanted to check out a Marvel comic, here’s your chance.
- Locke & Key: Omega #1 – Joe Hill’s series is poised to blow up and this newest volume will hopefully kick the buzz up to the next level. You can see you were reading the series before it was cool.