Pick of the Week – The Massive #4
The Massive is easily one of the best comic books on the market, the series effortlessly blends action and adventure with a political message that doesn’t hit you over the head. The series follows environmental activists in a world decimated by environmental disaster. But, writer Brian Wood has imagined what it would be like with such detail, you’re convinced this could be reality. The story of the activists mixed in with how this world is and how it got there are all mysteries, slowly unraveling and have me hooked with each issue. There’s one series each month I can’t wait to read, and it’s The Massive, making it the easy pick of the week.
- The Massive #4 – see above
- Stumptown Vol. 2 #1 – Greg Rucka’s noir series blew me away with the first volume. Staring a strong female lead, the story, characters and art were top notch. Rucka can write, and is easily one of the best out there right now. This is an easy pick and one to not be missed.
- The Strain #8 – This spin on the vampire tale is fantastic. Just different enough to keep me on my toes and entertained. On top of that, the art is solid. Definite must for horror fans.
- The Activity #8 – This espionage series follows a black-ops team and their missions around the world. The series has been fantastic so far and this eighth issue is a perfect example as to it’s strength.
- Saucer Country #7 – Part X-Files, part West Wing (the campaign season), the series is so different and so entertaining. There’s nothing else like it on the market right now.