Northwest Press Graphic Novels in iBooks for $4.99 in US and Canada, 3.99 GBP in the UK
Official Press Release
December 19, 2011—Northwest Press announced today that it was lowering the price on all its graphic novels available through Apple’s iBooks for a limited time. For just over a week—from December 21st through December 30th—every title will be priced at just $4.99 in the US and Canada, and 3.99 GBP in the UK. The change represents a drop of as much as 65% off the regular price.
“We’ve had a great year, and wanted to celebrate,” said publisher Charles “Zan” Christensen. “So we’re offering this special deal to make it easier for people to give Northwest Press ebooks as holiday gifts, or try them out for themselves if they’ve been curious. The books look great on the iPad, have really great browsing and bookmarking features, and a few even include material not found in the print editions.”
Northwest Press launched in July of 2010, and publishes graphic novels and comics collections with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender content. The first two Northwest releases, Jon Macy’s Teleny and Camille and Justin Hall’s Glamazonia: The Uncanny Super-Tranny, were finalists for 2010 Lambda Literary Awards, and Teleny took home the award for Gay Erotica. Publisher Charles “Zan” Christensen was recently named as one of OUT Magazine’s “OUT 100” for 2011, along with artist Mark Brill, for their work on the anti-bullying comic The Power Within.
The books included in the sale include:
- Jon Macy’s Teleny and Camille, an adaptation of an anonymous Victorian erotic novel attributed to Oscar Wilde
- Justin Hall’s Glamazonia: The Uncanny Super-Tranny, a collection of tales about a hard-drinking, sexy superheroine with a bad attitude
- David Kelly’s Rainy Day Recess: The Complete Steven’s Comics, a complete collection of the 90s newspaper strips with a foreword by “It Gets Better” founder Dan Savage
- Rick Worley’s A Waste of Time, the first full-length collection of Worley’s semi-autobiographical webcomics about a misanthropic, sex-obsessed bunny
- Tim Fish’s Cavalcade of Boys Volume One, a collection of Fish’s soapy and sweet gay romance series
Northwest plans to release digital collections by Howard Cruse (From Headrack to Claude), Tommy Roddy (Pride High) and Sean Seamus McWhinny (Diary of a Catering Whore) in the coming months.