Captain Marvel is heading to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Marvel is celebrating the legacy of Carol Danvers with special variant covers from superstar artists Mike Hawthrone, Gerald Parel, Pepe Larraz, Valerio Schiti and Jesus Saiz!
Look for Marvel’s Captain Marvel variant covers on these select titles:
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #16 by Mike Hawthorne with colors by Nathan Fairbairn
- AVENGERS #15 by Gerald Parel
- CHAMPIONS #2 by Pepe Larraz
- FANTASTIC FOUR #4 by Valerio Schiti with colors by Rachelle Rosenberg
- SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #3 by Jesus Saiz
Don’t miss your chance to collect all five variant covers, coming to comic shops this February!
Before you meet them in Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel, see them on the covers of your favorite comic books! This February, Marvel is celebrating one of the universe’s most famous alien race with a series of variant covers featuring key Marvel characters taking on shape-shifting Skrulls!
Look for Marvel’s Skrull variant covers on these select titles:
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #15 by Lee Garbett
- AVENGERS #14 by Carlos Pacheco
- BLACK PANTHER #9 by Ryan Benjamin
- CAPTAIN AMERICA #8 by Nick Bradshaw
- CONAN THE BARBARIAN #3 Pepe Larraz
- DAREDEVIL #1 Humberto Ramos
- DEADPOOL #9 by Mike Hawthorne
- FANTASTIC FOUR #7 Mike McKone
- HULKVERINES #1 TBD
- IMMORTAL HULK #13 Chris Stevens
- LOVE ROMANCES #1 Annie Wu
- SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST SPIDER #5 Pasqual Ferry
- THE GUNHAWKS #1 Bob McLeod
- THOR #10 Khary Randolph
- TONY STARK: IRON MAN #9 Khoi Pham
- UNCANNY X-MEN #11 Inhyuk Lee
- UNCANNY X-MEN: WINTER’S END Tom Raney
- VENOM #11 John Tyler Christopher
- WOLVERINE: INFINITY WATCH #1 Jee Hyung Lee
- X-23 #9 Ema Lupacchino
- X-FORCE #3 Butch Guice
- ZIGGY PIG – SILLY SEAL COMICS #1 Bobby Rubio
Don’t miss your chance to collect all 22 variant covers, coming to comic shops this February!
Image and Skybound Entertainment unleash three more jaw-dropping covers in the “Heavy Metal” variant line for Daniel Warren Johnson’s Murder Falcon—this time with artwork by Tyrell Cannon and Jean-Francois Beaulieu, Ryan Ottley and Cliff Rathburn, and Lorenzo de Felici for issues #3-5 of the series respectively.
Cannon and Beaulieu’s artwork will pay homage to Bolt Thrower’s War Master album cover, Ottley and Rathburn’s to Pantera’s Vulgar Display of Power album cover, and de Felici’s to Yngwie Malmsteen’s Trilogy album cover.
Each issue of the head-banging action series, Murder Falcon, features a “Heavy Metal” variant that pays tribute to a different classic heavy metal album cover. A variety of brutally talented artists will contribute to this variant cover line.
Murder Falcon #3 Cover B by Tyrell Cannon & Jean-Francois Beaulieu (Diamond Code SEP188094) will hit stores on Wednesday, December 12th. The final order cutoff deadline for comic shop retailers is Monday, November 19th.
Murder Falcon #4 Cover B by Ryan Ottley & Cliff Rathburn (Diamond Code SEP188095) will hit stores on Wednesday, January 9th. The final order cutoff deadline for comic shop retailers is Monday, December 10th.
Murder Falcon #5 Cover B by Lorenzo De Felici (Diamond Code DEC180265) will hit stores on Wednesday, February 13th.
This January, Donny Cates and Geoff Shaw – the creative team that brought you Thanos – will bring a new Guardians of the Galaxy series to readers! And to celebrate the debut of this brand-new team, Marvel is releasing a series of variant covers showcasing past and present Guardians of the Galaxy characters from superstar artists Mike McKone, Ema Lupacchino, Dale Keown, Will Sliney, and more!
Look for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy variant covers on these select titles:
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #14 by Gerald Parel
- AVENGERS #13 by Patrick Zircher with colors by Jason Keith
- BLACK PANTHER #8 by Jamal Campbell
- DEADPOOL #8 by Jamal Campbell
- DOCTOR STRANGE #10 by Will Sliney with colors by Frank D’Armata
- FANTASTIC FOUR #6 by Pasqual Ferry
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1 by Ron Lim with colors by Israel Silva
- IMMORTAL HULK #12 by Geoff Shaw
- SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST SPIDER #4 by Bobby Rubio
- SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #2 by Mike McKone with colors by Jesus Aburtov
- UNCANNY X-MEN #8 by David Marquez
- X-23 #8 by Dale Keown
- X-FORCE #2 by Ema Lupacchino
Don’t miss your chance to collect all Guardians of the Galaxy variants, coming this January to your local comic shop!
Valiant Entertainment has revealed a first look at the Livewire #1 Glass Variant, which features a captivating image illustrated by superb artist Doug Braithwaite and a design created by Valiant Director of Design and Production, Travis Escarfullery. The cover will include a special UV ink printing process that will allow the cover to virtually glow under black light!
Following in the footsteps of their ultra-successful run of Brushed Metal Variants, Valiant first broke new ground with November’s Bloodshot Rising Spirit #1 Glass Variant, becoming the first-ever publisher to print a comic book with a tempered glass cover. The initiative was a tremendous success, helping to make the issue the highest-selling Bloodshot issue in the modern era. Now, Valiant will prove once again why it leads the industry in unique innovations when the Livewire #1 Glass Variant makes its debut!
Livewire is finally getting her very first chance to shine in her own solo series after years as an integral supporting character within the Valiant Universe, featuring a brand new jumping-on point for longtime Valiant fanatics and new readers alike! On December 19th, 2018, rising star Vita Ayala is joined by Raúl Allén and Patricia Martín – to go deeper into the complex psyche of Valiant’s technopathic titan, and explore exactly what it means to be a hero…especially in a world where your reputation is defined by your last big mistake!
Retailers should note that one copy of the Livewire #1 Glass Variant can be obtained for every qualifying order of 250 copies of Livewire #1. There is no limit per store – 250 copies ordered will net one glass cover, 500 will net two glass covers, and so forth. Final orders are due to Diamond Comics on Monday, November 26th, but please note the Glass Variant Cover will ship directly from Valiant Entertainment.
Image Comics has revealed a triptych cover for the forthcoming Prodigy by Mark Millar and illustrated by Rafael Albuquerque. The series will launch this December from Image Comics and is the latest addition to the Netflix Millarworld franchises shepherded by Mark and his wife Lucy.
In Prodigy, Edison Crane’s not content being the world’s smartest man and most successful businessman—his brilliant mind needs to be constantly challenged. He’s a Nobel Prize-winning scientist, genius composer, Olympic athlete, an expert in the occult, and international governments call on him to fix problems they just can’t handle.
Prodigy #1 will be available on Wednesday, December 5th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, November 12th. There will be no second printings, and the item will be fully returnable to comic shop retailers.
- PRODIGY #1 Cover A Albuquerque – OCT180018
- PRODIGY #1 Cover B Albuquerque – OCT180019
- PRODIGY #1 Cover C Albuquerque – OCT180020
- PRODIGY #1 Cover D Albuquerque – OCT180021
- PRODIGY #1 Cover E Albuquerque – OCT180022
- PRODIGY #1 Cover F Quitely – OCT180023
- PRODIGY #1 Cover G Blank cover – OCT180024
- PRODIGY #1 Cover H Albuquerque ‘We Believe in Comics’ – SEP188266
The next generation of super heroes have arrived! To celebrate, Marvel presents Marvel Rising Action Doll Homage variants, hitting comic shops this December!
Featuring Marvel Rising characters such as Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, America Chavez, Ghost Spider, and Quake stepping into their predecessor’s shoes, each of the five covers is a homage to a classic cover from years past.
The entire line-up of Hasbro’s Marvel Rising Action Dolls are available exclusively at Target! Find them on these select comic books starting this December.
FOC – 11/12/18
On Sale – 12/12/18
THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #39
FOC – 11/12/18
On Sale – 12/12/18
CAPTAIN AMERICA #6
FOC – 11/19/18
On Sale – 12/19/18
DEFENDERS: THE BEST DEFENSE #1
FOC – 11/19/18
On Sale – 12/19/18
FOC – 12/10/18
On Sale – 1/9/19
BOOM! Studios has unveiled a variant cover to Buffy the Vampire Slayer #2 by superstar artist Kevin Wada, spotlighting the iconic Willow Rosenberg. The next chapter of the hotly anticipated series will debut in stores February 13th, 2019, in partnership with 20th Century Fox Consumer Products.
The reimagining of Joss Whedon’s groundbreaking series continues as Drusilla, the self-proclaimed Mistress and her pet, Spike, make their debut with their sights set on Buffy! Meanwhile, Giles is determined to teach Buffy about her destiny, responsibility, blah blah…can someone tell him to chill? How bad can it get?
Welcome back to the Hellmouth as Eisner Award-nominated writer Jordie Bellaire and Russ Manning Award-winning artist Dan Mora, along with series creator and story consultant Joss Whedon, reimagine the groundbreaking pop culture phenomenon from the very beginning.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #2 features a main cover by acclaimed Mondo illustrator Matthew Taylor, along with covers by Celia Lowenthal, Ryan Inzana, and Audrey Mok.
This January, Jason Aaron, Mahmud Asrar, and Esad Ribic will bring Conan back to Marvel in the all-new series Conan the Barbarian #1! And to celebrate Conan’s triumphant return, Marvel is releasing a series of variant covers showcasing the sword-slashing hero with a series of variant covers showcasing Conan facing off against some of Marvel’s most important heroes – and villains!
This December, look for Conan versus Marvel Heroes variant covers on the following select titles:
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #11 by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #12 by MARK BAGLEY
- AVENGERS #11 by CARLOS PACHECO
- BLACK PANTHER #7 by RICHARD ISANOVE
- CAPTAIN AMERICA #6 by BITCH GUICE
- DEADPOOL #7 by MARC LAMING
- FANTASTIC FOUR #5 by GERALD PAREL
- IMMORTAL HULK #10 by INHYUK LEE
- THOR #8 by PATCH ZIRCHER
- UNCANNY X-MEN #6 by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
And in January, look for these CONAN VERSUS MARVEL VILLAINS variant covers, on the following select titles:
- AMNAZING SPIDER-MAN #14 by GREG LAND
- AVENGERS #13 by MIKE MCKONE
- CAPTAIN AMERICA #7 by DAVE JOHNSON
- IMMORTAL HULK #12 by TBD
- SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST SPIDER #4 by GORAN PARLOV
- THOR #9 by GREG SMALLWOOD
- TONY STARK: IRON MAN #8 by VALERIO SCHITI
- UNCANNY X-MEN #8 by DALE KEOWN
- VENOM #10 by HUMBERTO RAMOS
- X-FORCE #2 by JEROME OPENA
Don’t miss your chance to collect all 20 variants starting this December, as Marvel prepares to welcome Conan The Barbarian home!
This November, Uncanny X-Men returns with a new ongoing series, bringing together nearly every mutant left on earth in a story that threatens to destroy them. It’s an epic tale of mystery and tragic disappearance, with an adventure so earth-shattering, it could very well be the X-Men’s FINAL mission!
Celebrating of the much-anticipated launch of Uncanny X-Men #1, Marvel has reveal a new variant cover from superstar artist Scott Williams!
Uncanny X-Men #1 is by Kelly Thompson, Ed Brisson, and Matthew Rosenberg with art by Mahmud Asrar, Mark Bagley, and Mirko Colak. Featuring a cover by Leinil Francis Yu, the comic comes to shelves November 14, 2018.
The X-Men get Disassembled this November!