Two new films took the top two spots this weekend. The Perfect Guy was the top of the box-office with $26.7 million, and The Visit was in second with $25.9 million. Last week’s top spot, War Room, dropped to third with $7.4 million.
Some other recent notables, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation was in fifth place with $4.15 million, and Straight Outta Compton dropped a bunch to sixth with $4.1 million.
For geeky films, Ant-Man was in twelfth place with $1.6 million, and Jurassic World added $1.2 million to its total as well. Minions was thirteenth with $1.56 million and Inside Out was fourteenth with $1.464 million.
Other comic book films, Fantastic Four added $430,000 to its total, where it stands at $160.8 million total worldwide. The Diary of a Teenage Girl added $57,835 to its total to bring its grand total to $1.39 million.
Here’s the 2015 top five grosses for the year so far. Inside Out has passed Furious 7 to move into third for the domestic total.
- Jurassic World – $648.9 million
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – $458.4 million
- Inside Out – $351.5 million
- Furious 7 – $351 million
- Minions – $331.6 million
- Jurassic World – $1.6559 billion
- Furious 7 – $1.5117 billion
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – $1.4022 billion
- Minions – $1.0801 billion
- Inside Out – $747.4 million