(W) Al Ewing (A) Valerio Schiti (CA) Jim Cheung Rated T+ In Shops: Sep 09, 2020 SRP: $4.99
• The end of EMPYRE begins a new age for the Marvel Universe! • In the aftermath of the cosmic conflict, the forces gather one last time… but why? And at whose bidding? • New bonds will be forged, new families will be founded, and there’s a new role waiting for Earth… but new destinies bring new dangers – and new enemies! • Welcome to the new Marvel Space Age, true believer – hope you survive the experience!
(W) Al Ewing, Dan Slott (A) Valerio Schiti (CA) Jim Cheung Rated T+ In Shops: Sep 02, 2020 SRP: $5.99
Who will rule the EMPYRE? • There can be only one King of Space-and it’s the last liege standing! But as combat rages on, the clock ticks down to catastrophe! • Will the ultimate interstellar weapon fry planet Earth before or after all sentient life on the planet is wiped out? • The Avengers and the Fantastic Four are tested as never before-as EMPYRE comes to a pulse-pounding finish!
In the aftermath of the cosmic conflict known as Empyre, heroes will gather to celebrate the marriage of two of Marvel’s most beloved Avengers. Revealed at the end of Empyre #4, Teddy Altman, the Kree/Skrull hybrid Hulkling, and his longtime boyfriend Billy Kaplan, the powerful magic-wielding Wiccan, were married just before Hulkling took to the stars to fulfill his destiny of uniting the Kree and Skrull empires against the universal threat of the Cotati.
With plenty of twists and turns still to come in this earth-shattering epic, be there when the dust settles to celebrate this joyous union when Empyre: Avengers Aftermath #1 hits stands in September from writer Al Ewing, artist Valerio Schiti, and a cover by Jim Cheung.
(W) Al Ewing, Dan Slott (A) Valerio Schiti (CA) Jim Cheung Rated T+ In Shops: Aug 12, 2020 SRP: $4.99
• Love and war – in the midst of cosmic cataclysm! • One fan-favorite Marvel hero reveals their secret – as another faces the ultimate showdown with a monstrous foe! • Meanwhile, an outer-space jailbreak leads to a trial by combat you’ll have to see to believe… • …but is it all too late to save Earth from two world-ending threats at once?
Shang-Chi returns this September in a brand new series written by Eisner Award-winning writer Gene Luen Yang with incredible art by Dike Ruan and Philip Tan.
This all-star creative team will take Marvel’s greatest fighter on an epic tale of family, betrayal and justice as they launch an exciting new chapter in the legend of Shang-Chi. To commemorate Shang-Chi’s latest adventure, industry legend Arthur Adams has turned out a stunning cover depicting the longtime Avenger bravely facing off against a horde of warriors single-handedly!
Outfitted in his new costume designed by superstar artist Jim Cheung, this action-packed cover is just a taste of the fight scenes you can expect as Shang-Chi embarks on a quest to discover long-hidden truths about himself, his family, and the secret society he thought he could leave behind…
Check out Arthur Adams’ cover below and don’t miss Shang-Chi #1 when it hit stands this September!
(W) Al Ewing, Dan Slott (A) Valerio Schiti (CA) Jim Cheung Rated T+ In Shops: Jul 29, 2020 SRP: $4.99
• The tag-team action comes home! • Wakanda is the battleground – as the Avengers and the FF unite to prevent a Vibranium-powered threat to all life as we know it! • A long-lost Avenger returns to active duty – but will that be enough to turn the tide? • And in space, interstellar intrigue threatens the fragile Kree/Skrull alliance…and the repercussions might just doom planet Earth!
(W) Al Ewing, Dan Slott (A) Valerio Schiti (CA) Jim Cheung Rated T+ In Shops: Jul 22, 2020 SRP: $4.99
• Three Avengers are trapped on the moon as war breaks out on Earth – and an ancient enemy reveals a scheme decades in the making! • Meanwhile, the Fantastic Four fight against a creeping horror that might destroy them all – starting with the Thing! • Captain Marvel is their last, best hope… But if Carol Danvers survives, what will she become?
(W) Al Ewing, Dan Slott (A) Valerio Schiti (CA) Jim Cheung Rated T+ In Shops: Jul 15, 2020 SRP: $5.99
• The Kree and the Skrulls have united under a new emperor – and their war fleet is on a collision course for our world. • On the moon, the Avengers are ready to strike with the full power of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. Approaching from outer space, the Fantastic Four are seeking a diplomatic solution. • If the two teams can’t work together to save the day, things can only get worse…
DC has revealed some big Dark Nights: Death Metal news today! The anticipated series begins on June 16 and is now seven issues! But, it’s expanding further! The series is getting two one-shots, Dark Nights: Death MetalGuidebook #1 and Dark Nights: Death MetalLegends of the Dark Knights #1!
Ahead of September’s skip month for Dark Nights: Death Metal, DC turns up the volume and calls in reinforcements to give fans more than they ever bargained for! A week after Dark Nights: Death Metal #3 publishes on August 11, the world of Dark Nights:Metal expands with Dark Nights: Death MetalGuidebookto include stories by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Joshua Williamson, Becky Cloonan, Vita Ayala, Chip Zdarsky, Christopher Priest, Doug Mahnke, Dan Panosian, Eduardo Risso, and Khary Randolph! Collected in Dark Nights: Death MetalGuidebook #1 on August 18 with a cover by Yasmine Putri, the stories in this one-shot showcase the new factions of Earth and explore the mystery of what happened to the Justice League after their battle with Perpetua.
As Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, and other heroes fight to survive in the strange new landscape of an Earth turned upside down and shrouded in a realm of darkness, one cloaked figure has been observing from the sidelines, creating a guidebook to this new world and its evil leaders. Find out how Wonder Woman became the queen of Hell! Discover how Batman finds the Black Lantern ring! And see what happens when Harley Quinn takes charge of the Wasteland, finding love in the process! All this and more in this jam-packed issue exploring the new world order.
And then, because every legendary performance needs a bigger, bolder second act, Dark Nights: Death MetalLegends of the Dark Knights #1 drops on August 25 with a cover by Tony S. Daniel! This one-shot features stories from DC’s Dark Multiverse by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Joshua Williamson, Peter J. Tomasi, Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis, Daniel Warren Johnson, Frank Tieri, Tony S. Daniel, Jim Cheung, Joëlle Jones, Riley Rossmo, and Francesco Francavilla.
In this collection of short tales where demons dwell and reality is overrun by monstrous versions of the Dark Knight, learn the terrifying secrets of the new Bats Out of Hell and other creatures of the night like Robin King, whose origin is unimaginable! Plus, read about the secret buried beneath Castle Bat, the sentient Batmobile, and…how did Batman turn into a killer robot dinosaur?
August is metal as hell with Dark Nights: Death Metal #3 on 8/11, Dark Nights: Death Metal Guidebook #1 on 8/18, and Dark Nights: Death MetalLegends of the Dark Knights#1 on 8/25!