The Symposium in Comic Arts Explores Ever Changing Comics
In an effort to help creators navigate the rapidly changing industry of comics and graphic novels, New York City educator, Ramon Gil, is putting on a day-long symposium for the comics industry and the issues it’s facing. On Saturday, February 26, the Symposium in Comic Arts will be held online for all to attend.
The symposium will try to address many of these topics and will feature some distinguished industry leaders:
- Tom Hart from the Sequential Arts Workshop will be talking about “Comics” Products vs Practice”
- Oriana Leckert from Kickstarter will be talking about “The current state (and future) of Comics Crowdfunding”
- Regine Sawyer, founder of Women in Comics Collective International, will talk about “The Question of Unionization.”
- Nick Sousanis will explore “The Role of Comics in Education”
- Gina Gagliano, Publishing Director of Random House Graphic, will be exploring issues facing the graphic novel publishing industry.
A Kickstarter campaign is currently underway to help raise funds for the speaker honorariums but wraps up soon. The event will be held virtually instead of in-person to allow access to creators from anywhere in the world.