Valiant’s Virtual Portfolio Review Program Returns for Aspiring Writers
After an overwhelmingly positive response to the Virtual Portfolio Review program, Valiant Entertainment has announced a second round of the program to assist aspiring comic book creators and discover new voices for future projects. For this second round of the program, the award-winning publisher’s Senior Editors will be offering virtual one-on-one portfolio reviews for aspiring writers.
These digital one-on-one sessions will occur with senior editors Heather Antos or Lysa Hawkins and will run for approximately ten minutes. 20 people in total will be selected to have their work reviewed.
Please read the below information very carefully for submission details and deadlines.
Dates of Digital Portfolio Reviews
- Thursday, September 10th from 12pm-2pm EST
- Friday, September 11th from 12pm-2pm EST
How to Submit
- Email your submission to PortfolioReview@valiantentertainment.com
- Subject line: Name, Discipline, Available Date
- Subject line example: Colin King, Writer, September 10th & 11th
- Please note: Submissions should be no more than 20 comic pages, plus a credits/contact page. This can be a one-shot, combination of various scenes or short. stories. Do NOT submit any scripts or pitches. They will be deleted immediately. Only previously published comics may be submitted (self-published is okay).
- All submissions are due September 3rd at 5pm EST
- Those selected for the first day of sessions will be notified by Wednesday, September 9th no later than 10pm EST
- Those selected for the second day of sessions will be notified by Thursday, September 10th no later than 10pm EST
Please remember to review all of the above information carefully before sending your submission.