NYCC 2018: Aftershock Brings Signings, Variants, and Panels!
AfterShock Comics returns to New York Comic Con, October 4 – 7, for an eventful four days delivering exclusive content and opportunities for comic enthusiasts attending the largest pop culture event on the east coast.
Located at Booth #2242 at the Javits Center, AfterShock Comics will be represented on site by Editor-in-Chief Mike Marts; Publisher/Chief Creative Officer Joe Pruett; President Lee Kramer; SVP Sales & Marketing Steve Rotterdam; Retailer/Fan Relations Manager Lisa Y. Wu; Managing Editor Christina Harrington and a roster of renowned creators.
AfterShock has assembled a stellar signing schedule featuring some of the most exciting creative stars making comics today, including:
- Declan Shalvey (DREAMING EAGLES, SHIPWRECK): Thursday, October 4, 2pm
- Russ Braun (JIMMY’S BASTARDS): Thursday, October 4, 2pm
- Goran Sudžuka (A WALK THROUGH HELL): Friday, October 5, 1pm
- Omar Francia (VOLITION): Friday, October 5, 1pm
- Taylor Espositio (BABYTEETH; HOT LUNCH SPECIAL): Saturday, October 6, 1pm
- Eliot Rahal (HOT LUNCH SPECIAL): Saturday, October 6, 1pm
- Jorge Fornes (HOT LUNCH SPECIAL): Saturday, October 6, 1pm
- Adam Glass & Aidan Glass (THE LOLLIPOP KIDS): Saturday, October 6, 2pm
- Juan Doe (DARK ARK, ANIMOSITY, AMERICAN MONSTER, WORLD READER): Saturday, October 6, 2pm
- Donny Cates (BABYTEETH): Sunday, October 7, 1pm
- Frank Tieri (PESTILENCE): Sunday, October 7, 2pm
Additionally, New York Comic Con exclusive variants only available at Booth #2242 includeThe Lollipop Kids #1 and Beyonders #1, both featuring covers by Juan Doe, and The Last Space Race #1, with cover by Declan Shalvey.
On Friday, September 5, from 4:00pm – 5:00pm in Room 1C03, AfterShock will present an up-close-and-personal panel entitled Shock Treatments – Behind the Creative Alchemy at AfterShock Comics, a deep dive into the creative processes behind the most talked about comics being published today. Attendees will get the inside track from Publisher/Chief Creative Officer Joe Pruett; Editor-in-Chief Mike Marts and an eclectic panel of creators on the stories and projects that will be shaking things up for months to come. Panelists will include Adam Glass and Aidan Glass, Frank Tieri, Marguerite Bennett, Steve Orlando, Elio Rahal, Jorge Fornes, Ted Anderson and more.
Fans will also have a rare opportunity to get their hands on a limited edition, one-of-a-kind AfterShock Mystery Box, a value of close to $200, for only $75.
Contents may include graded comics, signed comics, rare variants, complete series runs and surprise items every comic enthusiast will enjoy.