Action Comics #1000 Gets a Super-Sized Deluxe Edition Hardcover this Fall
On the heels of DC’s landmark release of Action Comics #1000, this milestone issue of the longest-running superhero comic book in history will debut in a deluxe hardcover format. Available in comic book stores on September 26 and book stores on October 2, the Action Comics #1000 Deluxe Edition hardcover will feature previously unreleased story scripts, sketches and more. With more than eighty pages of some of the top names in comics paying tribute to Superman, the Action Comics #1000 Deluxe Edition hardcover, will be available for the suggested retail price of $19.99.
The deluxe edition hardcover of Action Comics #1000 will include:
- All eighty pages featuring stories and artwork by Brian Michael Bendis/Jim Lee, Dan Jurgens/Norm Rapmund, Peter J. Tomasi/Patrick Gleason, Tom King/Clay Mann, Geoff Johns & Richard Donner/Oliver Coipel, Brad Meltzer/John Cassaday and Laura Martin, Marv Wolfman/Curt Swan, Louise Simonson/Jerry Ordway and more.
- A gallery of eighteen unique retailer variants (open to buy and retailer exclusives) and the eight decade-themed variant covers from artists including Dan Jurgens, Jim Lee, Dave Gibbons, Joshua Middleton and more.
- Scripts for each of the stories featured in Action Comics #1000
- A side by side panel/page comparisons for the Peter J. Tomasi/Patrick Gleason story “Never Ending Battle”
- The original art for the Marv Wolfman/Curt Swan story “An Enemy Within”
- The Paul Levitz/Neal Adams story from Action Comics: 80 Years of Superman, “The Game”
- Design sketches from Jim Lee
- A complete reprint of the stories that started it all—the Superman stories Action Comics #1 and 2 from 1938!