Marvel Portfolio Reviews and Panels at Baltimore Comic-Con 2017
In two weeks is the 18th annual Baltimore Comic-Con on September 22-24, 2017 at the Inner Harbor’s Baltimore Convention Center. Tickets are on sale now!
Are you an aspiring or budding comic book artist looking to get your break with one of the biggest publishers in the industry? Or perhaps you’re just looking for some professional guidance as to how to elevate your work to that next level? A Marvel editor will be conducting portfolio reviews at the Baltimore Comic-Con and here’s what you need to know:
- Portfolios will be submitted at the Information Booth on Friday or Saturday between the hours of 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm on Friday, September 22nd and 11:00 am – 5:30 am on Saturday, September 23rd. Review sessions for these submissions will take place the following day (Saturday and Sunday respectively).
- Portfolios must contain your contact information. This includes your full name, cell phone number, and e-mail address. You will also be asked to fill out a form with your contact information.
- Portfolio reviews will happen on Saturday from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm, and on Sunday from 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm. If you will not or cannot be present at this time, do not leave your portfolio.
- Portfolio review schedule will be available at the Information Booth at 11:00 am on Saturday and Sunday. If your name appears on the list, please ask for the portfolio review room location.
- Do not leave original work with us. Whatever your portfolio contains, make sure you keep the original work. We cannot be responsible for any lost or misplaced work.
- Please respect the Marvel editor’s time and opinion.
- Focus on your sequentials. While cover artwork is important, most new artists are hired to do interiors.
- Review sessions are limited to artists only.
- Not all submissions will be chosen for review.
Marvel is also hosting panels at the Baltimore Comic-Con that you won’t want to miss!
Saturday, Room 339-342
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
A new era of Marvel storytelling is about to begin! Mysteries, returns, and infinite possibilities await in the pages of each Marvel Legacy title. SVP & Executive Editor Tom Brevoort and Ken Lashley (X-Men Gold), David Marquez (Defenders), Greg Pak (Incredible Hulk), and Mark Waid (Avengers, Captain America, Champions) will be in attendance to give fans the latest info about their first thrilling story arcs in their Marvel Legacy series.
Sunday, Room 339-342
11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Before you see the Black Panther on the big screen in 2018, make sure you know his comic book roots and this panel is a perfect way to start. Travel to Wakanda with Afua Richardson, Alitha Martinez, Laura Martin, and moderator Tom Breevort.