Baltimore Comic-Con 2016 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
The 17th Annual Baltimore Comic-Con kicks-off tomorrow afternoon, Friday, September 2, 2016 at the Baltimore Convention Center! The show floor will open at 1:00 pm (12:00 pm for VIP Ticket holders), but box offices will be open as early as 8:00 am.
Here are a few last-minute reminders for attendees:
- The convention is in the Pratt and Howard Street Lobby this year (which is the same entrance as last year).
- Online ticket sales end Thursday.
- Be sure to arrive early, as lines to enter when the show floor opens will begin to form early.
- All attendees need to bring their receipt from their online ticket purchase or their physical tickets and a photo ID, and follow directions of staff members to guide them to the proper lines where their receipts will be collected and wristbands issued.
- Those who purchased the VIP Packages should go the VIP booth near WILL CALL to attain their packages.
- There are celebrity photo ops and tickets for media guests.
- The 7th Annual Costume Contest, sponsored by Toynk.com, will be held on Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 3:00 pm for adults (professional and amateur), and Sunday, September 27, 2014 at 2:30 pm for children. Registration will begin as soon as the show opens at 10:00 am and lasts until 1:00 pm each respective contest day. Contest Registration forms will be handed out at the Costume Contest Booth located in the lower Pratt Street lobby for all patrons interested in entering the costume contest. Over-18 registration will cost $10 for professionals and $5 for craftsmen and amateurs. Under-18 registration will be free.
- There will be ATMs available throughout the show for your convenience.
- Maps for the show are now posted.
- To ensure everyone has a safe and fun weekend, please familiarize yourself with the Baltimore Comic-Con Harassment Policy and Weapons Policy.
- Bring your comfortable shoes and stay hydrated.
Regretfully, they have announced that a few of the guests have had last-minute cancellations. Richard Clark, Michael Cavallaro, Francesco Francavilla, Veronica Fish, Lewis LaRosa, Joe Mulvey, Khary Randolph, and Babs Tarr will all unfortunately be unable to make it to this year’s event.