Baltimore Comic-Con Weapons Policy for 2016
The Baltimore Comic-Con will be held on September 2-4, 2016 at the Inner Harbor’s Baltimore Convention Center. The convention released an amended weapons policy and received feedback on the updated policy from fans — they have heard you and are adjusting to ensure their true concerns are addressed without adversely impacting your ability to cosplay at the event!
The first priority at Baltimore Comic-Con will always be the safety and welfare of all the fans, guests, vendors, and the Baltimore community. The amended policy is intended to address sharp-edged blades and realistic, functioning firearms. With that in mind, the AMENDED Weapons Policy follows.
The following list is not meant to be all-inclusive and the Baltimore Comic-Con reserves the right to prohibit additional items not listed in this policy. Prohibited items include:
- Functional firearms of any kind (including air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns, and pellet guns)
- Replica firearms (including reproductions, or toy guns that can be confused for actual firearms by law enforcement)
- Sharp-edged (non-dull) bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatchets, knives and swords, sword canes, and switch blades)
- Explosives of any type (including black powder, firecrackers, and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
If you purchase a sharp-bladed weapon (not blunt or rounded) from a Vendor at the convention, please be careful and consider keeping it in its original packaging while you’re on the show floor.
The convention completely appreciates the time and effort that so many of their fans and guests put into their costumes and convention attire and they expect to see many suits of armor, Thor’s Uru hammers, Harley’s mallets, Cap’s shields, etc., and they have always been and will always be welcome at the show. Whether dressing for the annual costume contest, cosplay, or simply showing your fandom, they understand that weaponry is often part of the overall presentation. They hope everyone understands these extra measures that have been designed to preserve a safe and enjoyable environment for all, and we strongly encourage everyone to continue wearing the costumes on which they have spent so much time and effort.