The Future of Comics will be at the Baltimore Comic-Con!
Out of all the comic conventions, the Baltimore Comic-Con offers the largest family-friendly comics area. Organized and produced by Mark Mariano, John Gallagher, and Chris Mariano, the Kids Love Comics Pavilion is the place to be for kid and young adult comics. This year, the KLC Pavilion will feature over 30 family-friendly comic creators and deliver plenty of laughs, education, and imagination-inspiring workshops at the top of every hour.
Normally at comic conventions, parents and kids meet the creators of their favorite books. This year, the Kids Love Comics Pavilion is switching things up by having the kids on the other side of the table! It’s the Future of Comics Contest. Four YOUNG COMIC CREATORS will win half table spots in our pavilion to sell their comics and art. See the details below to see how you can enter. All entries will be reviewed and selected by the Kids Love Comics “Future of Comics Board.”
The Future of Comics Contest
Kids Love Comics is looking for comics written and drawn by young creators. The art doesn’t have to be perfect — the story just needs to be clear. Your comic can be in black and white, color, pencil, crayon, however you like to tell your story!
- Open to creators from ages 5 to 17
- Submit a short bio and 3 to 5 sample comic pages to firstname.lastname@example.org (files can be JPG or PDF)
- Entrants must have at least one title available to sell at the convention (we suggest at least 30 copies of each title)
- All submissions must be received by July 31, 2015
- Winning creators will be announced August 21, 2015
Winning Young Creators must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the convention.
Best of luck and have fun making comics!