NYCC 2012 Interview – We Chat King of the Nerds with Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong
At New York Comic Con I had a chance to sit down with Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong about their new television reality series King of the Nerds as well as how the world has changed since their roles in Revenge of the Nerds. King of the Nerds will follow 11 fierce competitors from across the nerd spectrum as they set out to win $100,000 and be crowned the greatest nerd of them all. TBS will air King of the Nerds on Thursday nights..
The 11 competitors that will partake in this ultimate nerd-off are:
- Alana, 26 – Corning, N.Y. – Live-action role player and comic fan who often uses onomatopoeia instead of adjectives.
- Brandon, 24 – Somerville, Mass. – Tufts University Medical School student and aspiring neuroscientist who can also rap.
- Celeste, 22, – Orillia, Ontario – Professional gamer who specializes in first-person shooters and speedcuber, and whose favorite animal is the cougar.
- Danielle, 23 – Rome, N.Y. – Game reviewer who has more than 100,000 subscribers for her gaming vlog and considers her appearance to be top of the charts at a “nerd 10.”
- Genevieve, 27 – Studio City, Calif. – Test-prep and young adult fantasy writer who thinks she hits all the right notes when expressing her feelings by singing original songs.
- Hendrik, 26 – Somerville, Mass. – MIT grad student who is researching the mechanical properties of the Martian polar ice caps and enjoys foraging for wild edibles.
- Ivan, 27 – Torrance, Calif. – Game developer and fire dancer who loves dragons and zombies.
- Jon, 22 – Atlanta, Ga. – Georgia Tech student who is obsessed with mathematics and theoretical physics, who also loves to rock out.
- Joshua, 24 – Los Angeles, Calif. – Host and producer of geek-themed web show who was a former paranormal investigator.
- Moogega, 26 – Pasadena, Calif. – Planetary protection engineer at NASA who received her master’s degree and PhD by the time she was 22 and who considers herself the life of any party.
- Virgil, 28 – Pasadena, Calif. – A master hacker studying brain science who loves colorful socks.