Pick of the Week – DMZ #62
This was a tough week to decide the top week. There were two strong contenders with DMZ and Cyclops both deserving the honor. So, it’s best to explain why DMZ #62 by Brian Woods edges out it’s competition for our top pick of the week.
Woods has given us a story that isn’t just a reflection of our society and questions politics and war, but he also keeps the story pertinent and timely. His last few issues have focused on the rise of the Free States a reflection of today’s anger and discontent that fuels such organizations as the Tea Party.
With his tales, we get escapist entertainment and at the same time a statement on our times. It’s amazing to be able to be sucked into a story and at the same time be challenged to think about our modern times.
- DMZ #62 – See above as to why we choose this issue as our pick of the week.
- Cyclops #4 – Cyclops from the team of Matz and Luc Jacamon gives us a future world where wars are fought with private armies run by corporations and heroes are made to be rock stars.
- Uncanny X-Force #5 – What’s not to love about this series staring some of the most entertaining characters in the “X” universe.
- Fables #102 – Just as we thought things had settled down for the Fables, the rug is pulled out from under us. Rumors swirl that super heroes might be added to the mix and at that point, who knows what to expect.
- Twilight Guardian #2 – The first issue was solid and I really have no idea what to expect from this limited series from Top Cow.