Pick of the Week – 27 #3
It’s a new week of comic books and it’s packed with quality making this week’s top five picks a bit tougher. We’re going to have to go with Charles Soule‘s 27 #3 as our top pick for it’s uniqueness in story mixed with fantastic art. The series combines fantasy and music into a genre… well, we’re not sure what to call it. But most importantly it’s a fun and entertaining read.
- 27 #3 – See above as to why we’re going with it as our pick of the week.
- The Walking Dead #81 – Robert Kirkman’s series just gets better and better. He’s taken it in another direction with our group of survivors surrounded and desperate. As usual, the series is unpredictable and you have no idea what to expect and who’ll make it out alive.
- Secret Warriors #24 – Jonathan Hickman’s series has been fantastic and there’s only a few issues left until it wraps up. These last few issues have ramped up the tension and shown Nick Fury for the cold hearted man he is, and we love him for it.
- Green Hornet #13 – Phil Hester has picked up the reigns from where Kevin Smith left off and hasn’t missed a step. The movie might have been horrible but this series helps wash that nasty taste from my mouth.
- Onslaught Unleased #1 – I was out of comments during the first go around of this character, but I’m intrigued and fascinated to see what the hell this is.