Pick of the Week – Critical Millennium #3
It’s a new week and that means my pick for the top five comics I expect to be the best of the best. The honors would have to go to Critical Millennium #3 continuing Drew Gaska‘s fantastic sci-fi series that mixes a dystopian future, desperate escape into space and politics. The first two issues were fantastic and the third is just as good. Fantastic and I highly recommend it.
- Critical Millennium #3 – You can read the reasons above or check out our review tomorrow.
- Cyclops #2 – Matz and Luc Jacamon put together an impressive first issue and judging by their other work this one will be just as solid. Matz has the ability to take complicated worldly issues and break them down into entertaining bits.
- DMZ #61 – Brian Wood rules. This series set during the Second American Civil War takes today’s political events and turmoil and gives us commentary along with entertainment to sink our teeth into.
- Invincible Iron Man #500 – I’ve loved this series and this is a perfect jumping on point for new readers.
- Scarlet #4 – I’m interested in seeing where Brian Michael Bendis takes this series. The beautiful art helps too.