Avatar Press: March 2011 Solicitations
CANNIBALS, HEDONISTS, AND MURDERERS OVERRUN AVATAR PRESS IN MARCH
December 16, 2010 – Avatar Press proudly announces the launch of two brand-new limited series in March 2011, including David Lapham’s historical horror series CALIGULA, and a new installment in the classic zombie franchise, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD: DEATH VALLEY.
In March, David Lapham (of Stray Bullets fame) debuts a new six-issue sweeping epic with CALIGULA #1. In an age of depravity, one man’s perverse appetites horrified the entire Roman Empire. A ruler who began as a generous man but who ended as the most debased of monarchs, Caligula exemplifies the very concept that absolute power corrupts absolutely. No stranger to horror (as fans of his CROSSED: FAMILY VALUES series can attest), Lapham delivers the bloody tale of the infamous emperor – but with a supernatural twist – as illustrated by new talent German Nobile.
· CALIGULA #1 (of 6) Regular Edition (JAN110982, $3.99)
· CALIGULA #1 (of 6) Wraparound Edition (JAN110983, $3.99)
· CALIGULA #1 (of 6) Golden Edition (JAN110984, Ask your retailer!)
Lapham does double-duty this month with the release of CROSSED: PSYCHOPATH #2, the second chapter in his frightening new tale set in Garth Ennis’ CROSSED universe. In PSYCHOPATH, a mentally unhinged man named Harold Lorre sees the world around him turn on itself in a wave of hysterical madness and murder. In a landscape overrun by evil, what perverse depths can a human reach… and how long can his actions remain unchallenged by the Crossed? Raulo Caceres, fresh off his work on Warren Ellis’ Captain Swing, provides the highly-detailed – and highly-disturbing – artwork.
· CROSSED: PSYCHOPATH #2 (of 6) Regular Edition (JAN110985, $3.99)
· CROSSED: PSYCHOPATH #2 (of 6) Torture Edition (JAN110986, $3.99)
· CROSSED: PSYCHOPATH #2 (of 6) Wraparound Edition (JAN110987, $3.99)
· CROSSED: PSYCHOPATH #2 (of 6) Red Crossed Edition (JAN110988, Ask your retailer!)
Back by popular demand, Mike Wolfer (Gravel, Wolfskin: Hundredth Dream) returns to the classic Romero franchise with NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD: DEATH VALLEY #1, the first chapter in a gruesome five-issue saga. Set two thousand miles from the devastating zombie plague that ravaged the eastern seaboard, DEATH VALLEY follows a group of young weekend warriors whose interests include dune buggies and bikini-chasing. But something else is hiding under the desert sun, an undead horror that seeks to turn the sands blood red. The all-new splatterfest is illustrated in all its gory glory by Dheeraj Verma (Escape of the Living Dead).
· NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD: DEATH VALLEY #1 (of 5) Regular Edition (JAN110974, $3.99)
· NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD: DEATH VALLEY #1 (of 5) Gore Edition (JAN110975, $3.99)
· NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD: DEATH VALLEY #1 (of 5) Wraparound Edition (JAN110976, $3.99)
· NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD: DEATH VALLEY #1 (of 5) Classic B&W Ed. (JAN110977, Ask your retailer!)
Finally, Avatar Press continues its tradition of offering retailers and fans the opportunity to acquire rare comic book variants of its most popular titles, many of which were only available previously at regional conventions. This month’s selection includes:
· CROSSED: FAMILY VALUES #3 (OF 7) Shopping Cover Edition (JAN110978, $5.99)
· CROSSED: FAMILY VALUES #4 (OF 7) New York Comic Con Edition (JAN110979, $5.99)
· ALAN MOORE NEONOMICON #1 (OF 4) New York Comic Con Edition (JAN110980, $3.99)
· ALAN MOORE NEONOMICON #2 (OF 4) New York Comic Con Edition (JAN110981, $5.99)
· NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD #1 (OF 5) Mid-Ohio Comic Con Edition (JAN110989, $5.99)
· NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD #1-5 Complete Bag Set (JAN110990, $19.99)
· FEVRE DREAM #1-10 Complete Bag Set (JAN110991, $34.99)