ComicsPro Gets Executive Director
ComicsPro, a comic retail organization, has hired an Executive Director, a new position. Amanda Emmert will be taking the role and had previously served on the organization’s board of directors and as Secretary/Treasurer. She also served as the Communications Director since 2008.
Her new role will have her focus on fundraising, outreach and communications.
Along with the promotion, ComicsPro is reducing the size of its board of directors to seven members. Current board members include:
- Joe Field (Flying Colors Comics, Concord, CA), President
- Gary Dills (Laughing Ogre, Fairfax, VA and Columbus, OH), Vice President
- Carr D’Angelo (Earth 2 Comics, Sherman Oaks & Northridge, CA), Recording Secretary
- Brian Hibbs (Comix Experience, San Francisco, CA)
- Calum Johnston (Strange Adventures, Halifax, Nova Scotia)
- Eric Kirsammer (Chicago Comics, Chicago, IL)
- Rick Lowell (Casablanca Comics, Portland, ME)