Wizards of the Coast at Gen Con 2010
Wizards of the Coast Continues Momentum With Another Exciting Trip To Gen Con
Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons’ Latest Releases Will Be On Display All Weekend Long
Wizards of the Coast LLC—the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer—is continuing the momentum of two of the most popular games of all time by making its annual stop at Gen Con Indy, where attendees can look forward to experiencing the latest releases from Wizards of the Coast.
Dungeons & Dragons fans are invited to play D&D all weekend long in the Sagamore Ballroom and to get a taste of the Dark Sun Campaign Setting that will be released in August. Fans can also get a preview of the upcoming D&D Fantasy Roleplaying Game (aka D&D red box) as well as behind-the-scenes information on D&D Encounters, Wizards’ weekly in-store gameplay program. Additionally, the masterminds of some of D&D’s most iconic characters and images—R.A. Salvatore, Larry Elmore and Ed Greenwood—will be available for signings throughout the convention.
As the official TCG Hall Sponsor, Wizards has a huge lineup of Magic: The Gathering tournaments at Gen Con this year as well as special events like Massive Magic, Champions Challenge and various multiplayer events. Fans will also be able to meet artists Kekai Kotaki and Steve Prescott who will be signing everyday in the TCG Hall. And for those looking to test their skills on Duels of the Planeswalkers, Wizards invites gamers to the free-play lounge or the booth for a taste of Magic on Xbox and PC.
Additionally, all attendees are invited to participate in the Gen Con Photo ‘Scavenger Hunt’ and game demos in the booth. Stop by the Wizards booth #1721 for more information and to find the full schedule of events.
August 5 – 8, 2010
Thursday, August 5 – 10:00am – 6:00 pm (doors open to press and VIGs at 9:00am)
Friday, August 6 – 10:00am – 6:00 pm
Saturday, August 7 – 10:00am – 6:00 pm
Sunday, August 8 – 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
The Indiana Convention Center
100 South Capitol Ave.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46225
Booth # 1721
ADDITIONAL WIZARDS OF THE COAST EVENT HIGHLIGHTS
Magic: The Gathering
Wizards is giving fans the chance to play all their favorite Magic: The Gathering products.
- Video game fans can stop by the booth for demos of Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers on Xbox LIVE® Arcade and the Steam Platform for PC. And, for the first time at Gen Con, fans can get a taste of Magic: The Gathering – Tactics.
- Fans will have access to a limited number of From the Vault: Relics, a collector set which releases August 27th and includes cards from past, present and future sets printed with a one-of-a-kind foil treatment.
- The popular Massive Magic is back with an oversized multiplayer version featuring R&D members Ken Nagle and Mark Gottlieb where players can challenge each other and Wizards team members to earn an M11 promo half deck for participating.
o Thursday – Saturday, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm & 3:00 – 4:00 pm; Sunday 11:00 am – 12:00 pm; open for free play during other show hours
Dungeons & Dragons
- The yet-to-be-released D&D Fantasy Roleplaying Game will be available for viewing and demo in the booth.
- D&D fans can experience the ‘live action’ D&D demo to get a taste of the current edition of the game and its characters.
- Friday night at 7pm, a Celebrity D&D Game will be held in the Marriott ballroom, where R.A. Salvatore, Ed Greenwood and Larry Elmore will be battling monsters alongside selected participants in an attempt to survive a high-level encounter – and battling each other for the crowd’s laughter and attention!
- Seminars discussing the development of the game, its current products and previewing future products will be taking place throughout the weekend. Key seminars include:
o Friday, 12-2 pm: D&D Encounters: Members of Wizards’ R&D and Organized Play teams give inside scoop on the wildly popular D&D Encounters in-store play events, as well as other programs designed to expand the Dungeons & Dragons experiences.
o Saturday, 10 am-12 pm: Dungeons & Dragons Preview and Q&A: Members of Wizards’ R&D team give a preview of upcoming D&D products, including the new Dungeons & Dragons Essentials line, board games and more.
About Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS), is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. The company holds an exclusive patent on trading card games (TCGs) and their method of play and produces the premier trading card game, Magic: The Gathering, among many other trading card games and family card and board games. Wizards is also a leading publisher of roleplaying games, such as Dungeons & Dragons, and publisher of fantasy series fiction with numerous New York Times best-sellers. For more information, visit the Wizards of the Coast Web site at www.wizards.com.
Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, Duels of the Planeswalkers, Magic: The Gathering – Tactics, From the Vault: Relics, Magic, Dungeons & Dragons, Dark Sun, D&D Encounters, and Dungeon & Dragons Essentials are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the U.S.A. and other countries. ©2010 Wizards.