Image Comics had a banner year in 2014, launching numerous high-profile, well received, projects from some of the industry’s top creators. Today’s Image Expo was not just a look back at was, but what will be coming, as the publisher attempts to take its momentum and capture even more of the market share.
- The publisher has introduced $9.99 Volume Ones that create an easy and cheap access point for those interested in exploring any of these series
- Image Has been awarded the Diamond Comics’ Publisher of the Year Gem Award for the second year in a row
- Image finished the year with a double-digit market share
- Image has announced a $2.99 price point
- They reported a double digit year-to-year growth from 2013
- Image had a 16.48% market share for graphic novels in the book market in 2014
- Savior asks what if the most dangerous man on Earth was also the one trying to do the most good? Announced by Todd McFarlane, by Brian Holguin.
- Paul Jenkins has been announced as the new writer for Spawn.
- James Robninson and Phillip Tan announce a new sci-fi series where humans go to war with God called Heaven.
- Starve is announced by Brian Wood, Danijel Zezelj, and Dave Stewart
- Black Road is announced by Brian Wood and Gary Brown.
- 8House is mentioned, it’s created by Brandon Graham with art by Marion Churchland, Emma Rios, Hwei Lim and more. This series has been mentioned at previous events.
- Brandon Graham announces Island, a new comics magazine.
- Kelly Sue DeConnick and Emma Rios’ series Pretty Deadly will return with a second arc set during World War I.
- Emi Lenox‘s travelogue graphic novel set in Japan Tadaima was announced.
- Scott Snyder and Jeff Lemire will bring us A.D. After Death.
- Jeff Lemire also has Plutona with Emi Lenox and Jordie Bellaire about a group of kids who find a dead super hero in the woods.
- We Stand on Guard by Brian K. Vaughan and Scott Skrooce has “giant fucking robots”
- Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda bring us Monstrous
- Brian Buccellato and Tony Infante team up for Son of the Devil
- Eric Canete and Jon Tsuei announce Run Love Kill
- Kieron Gillen, and David LaFuente are blessing us with The Ludocrats
- No Mercy by Alex DeCampi, Carla McNeil, and Jenn Manley Lee is announced
- Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie‘s The Wicked + The Divine will have guest artists focusing on individual gods.
- Chip Zdarsky and Kagan McLeod have Kaptara coming, which he calls a “gay Saga,” a sci-fi comedy series where they can do “whatever (they) want”
- Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie will bring us Phonogram: The Immaterial Girl which will be a final statement to those characters
- Darwyn Cooke returns to Image with Revengeance
- Skottie Young‘s I Hate Fairyland has been announced
- Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang will bring us Paper Girls where four 12-year-old girls experience something very strange the day after Halloween
We’ll provide more information as it is released.