Today Dark Horse Comics, comiXology and Amazon announced an agreement to bring the full catalog of Dark Horse Comics’ single issues to the comiXology platform and Amazon’s Kindle Store. Now, all Dark Horse Comics’ digital single issues will be available on comiXology and the Kindle Store the same-day-as-print versions arrive in comic shops.
This past June, comiXology and Dark Horse Comics announced an agreement to bring Dark Horse’s collections, graphic novels and manga to comiXology. As of today, Dark Horse Comics’ full digital catalog is now available on both comiXology and Amazon’s Kindle Store.
More than 2,000 single issues launched today on comiXology and Amazon’s Kindle Store from Dark Horse Comics, including Fight Club 2, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Tomb Raider, The Witcher, Plants vs. Zombies, Halo, The Goon, Archie vs. Predator, Mike Mignola’s Hellboy and B.P.R.D. and more.
FabZat today announced its partnership with FigurePrints as the exclusive European provider of 3D printing for the World of Warcraft franchise. FabZat will now provide players with access to unique 3D printed figures from the world’s most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Starting today, European players will be able to design, customize and order unique 3D figures from FigurePrints to be shipped anywhere quickly in the EU through FabZat’s services.
FabZat enables players to customize characters from World of Warcraft from the FigurePrints website. Players will be able to personalize 3D printed figures, with their player name. 3D printed objects range in price from 69.95€ up through 129.95€, depending on the size and level of customization detail.
For over 3 years, FabZat has fine-tuned its 3D printing approach using a proprietary formula of chemical hardeners, inks for the best rendering, and varnishing specially designed for sandstone materials. Through this approach and commitment to best-in-class entertainment figurines, FabZat has developed a 3D printing process that is unmatched in the industry. Developers can monetize their games by easily integrating FabZat’s solution for on-demand 3D printing and in-app merchandising through a state-of-the-art shop plugin for iOS, Android, and Unity, along with Facebook, Web and PC gaming support.
Oni Press, comiXology and Amazon have announced an expanded and renewed distribution agreement that continues to sell Oni Press digital comics and graphic novels on the comiXology as well as expanding the Oni Press library on Amazon’s Kindle Store. Today’s announcement sees more than 500 Oni Press titles newly available in the Kindle Store including The Sixth Gun, Letter 44, Scott Pilgrim, The Bunker, Kaijumax, Bad Machinery, I Was The Cat, Mermin, Stumptownand more.
Kindle readers will also have access to new Oni Press titles same day as print.
After months of speculation and build up, ComicBlitz, the latest entry into the digital comics app space has launched, just ahead of New York Comic Con. The newest digital comics app is an all you can read subsription servive available for iOS. You can get the app now for the iPad (iOS8 or later) through the iTunes store.
The app is launching with 2,000 comics and over 50,000 pages and includes comics from Valiant, Dynamite Entertainment, Aspen, Zenescope, Action Lab Entertainment, and more.
As mentioned in their release, Chief Executive Office Jordan Plosky said the company’s goal is to make digital comics more affordable as well as getting more people reading than ever before. The hope is to offer a true binge reading experience.
Subscribers will be able to download up to 1GB of comics for offline reading, create custom reading lists, a bookshelf where you can save comics to read later, as well as rating and reviewing comics.
Those who subscribe for a membership today will get the first month of service free. New subscribers will also be entered to win prizes from the apps’ launch publishers. Subscriptions will run $9.99 according to the website.
I never heard of Wattpad before coming across a TechCrunch article announcing DC Comics‘ imprint Vertigo joining the service. The “social reading app” is a community where writers can share their stories for free, as well as have notes/diaries where they can talk about writing in general.
It’s a niche community that boasts 100 million stories, 40 million people signed up, and 11 billion minutes spent on the site every month (that’d be 275 minutes per account a month, or about 9 minutes a day).
Wattpad is a place to discover and share stories: a social platform that connects people through words. It is a community that spans borders, interests, languages. With Wattpad, anyone can read or write on any device: phone, tablet, or computer.
Vertigo won’t be releasing free stories, instead they are using it as a platform to push specific creators including Lauren Beukes and Dale Halvorsen, the team behind the upcoming title Survivor’s Club, and down the road, Gail Simone and Holly Black.
With 520,000 fans of Wattpad in the United States according to Facebook, the community is heavily female with an impressive 84.61% of those fans female. Looks like DC and Vertigo has an audience in mind for some of their launches and they’re going after them.
Today Epic released the first video in their new virtual reality documentary series, Sense of Presence, featuring interviews with Epic Games CTO Kim Libreri, Oculus Founder Palmer Luckey, and other influential VR creators in the space.
The first episode, “Sense of Presence: What is Virtual Reality?“, introduces viewers to the concept of virtual reality and touches on what the new technology could provide the industry. The next episode in the series, “A Sense of Presence: Building Virtual Reality,” will take a deeper look into creating VR experiences.
Drawn & Quarterly, comiXology and Amazon have announced a distribution agreement bringing Drawn & Quarterly to the digital platforms. You’ll now be able to get Drawn & Quarterly’s digital comics and graphic novels on comiXology platform as well as Amazon’s Kindle Store.
That means internationally renowned and bestselling titles such as Lynda Barry’s One! Hundred! Demons; Guy Delisle’s Jerusalem: Chronicles from the Holy City; Rutu Modan’s Exit Wounds and Anders Nilsen’s Big Questions are now available on both comiXology and the Kindle Store
Today’s digital debut of Drawn & Quarterly on comiXology and the Kindle Store sees all the following titles available:
- Woman Rebel: The Margaret Sanger Story by Peter Bagge
- The Freddie Stories by Lynda Barry
- One! Hundred! Demons! by Lynda Barry
- Ed the Happy Clown by Chester Brown
- I Never Liked You by Chester Brown
- The Playboy by Chester Brown
- Jerusalem: Chronicles from the Holy City by Guy Delisle
- A User’s Guide to Neglectful Parenting by Guy Delisle
- Goliath by Tom Gauld
- You’re All Just Jealous of my Jetpack by Tom Gauld
- Marble Season by Gilbert Hernandez
- Letting it Go by Miriam Katin
- Exit Wounds by Rutu Modan
- Jamilti and Other Stories by Rutu Modan
- The Property by Rutu Modan
- Big Questions by Anders Nilsen
- Dogs and Water by Anders Nilsen
- Don’t Go Where I Can’t Follow by Anders Nilsen
- Daybreak by Brian Ralph
Today comiXology expands customizable Smart Lists and Enhanced Library Options to comixology.com. These are features that debuted on June 22nd with the 3.7 Fire Tablet, Android and iOS comiXology app update. Now available on the web, these features make it easier than ever for fans to organize and dive into their library of comic books, graphic novels and manga.
Just navigate to My Books on comixology.com to experience these new features, including:
- Smart Lists allow for a quick and easy way to track what you’re reading through “In Progress” and “Unread” lists. You’ll also have the ability to see what you’ve recently downloaded through the “Recently Purchased” list and create your own “Wish List” using our enhanced recommendation feature.
- You can also navigate to Browse Library, Bundles, Wish List, Backups, and Archive. Browse Library is where you can drill down into the depth of your collection with new sorting and filtering options.
- Clicking on “See All” to the right can expand each of these lists. In addition, there’s a menu on each title that opens a pop-up with power user options.
- You also can select from the same views offered in the comiXology apps – cover view, detail view, and list view. These, as well as three quantity options, can be selected on the upper-right corner.
- “Wish List,” “Backups,” and “Archive” sections all received these same helpful sorting options listed above.
An official FAQ with images and explanations can be found online.
Lone Wolf Development has announced the release of Pathfinder Class Packs for Hero Lab. Class Packs are the perfect, low-cost entry path to get started creating characters with Hero Lab! Each Class Pack unlocks 3-4 classes and includes everything from seven of the most popular Pathfinder rulebooks. Players choose their favorite Class Pack and harness the power of the ENnie award-winning product for only $29.99. For extra class options, players simply add additional Class Packs for only $6.99 apiece.
How Do Class Packs Work?
- Create and manage characters from the 3-4 classes unlocked by each Class Pack. For example, if you select the Druid Class Pack, you’ll unlock the Druid, Oracle, Shaman, and Spiritualist classes, allowing you to build characters from those four classes in Hero Lab.
- Class Packs include everything from seven essential rulebooks: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook, Advanced Player’s Guide, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic, Advanced Class Guide, Occult Adventures, and Ultimate Intrigue (when it releases in spring 2016.) All archetypes for unlocked classes are included, as well as all feats, spells, gear, optional rules, and everything else from those rulebooks – it’s all you need to create characters with your unlocked classes.
- Further add-ons like Advanced Race Guide, the Summon Monster Creature Package, and Player Companion packages can be readily integrated with Class Packs. They are purchased and behave just like they do in Hero Lab today.
- Hero Lab users who already use another game system, like Shadowrun or Mutants & Masterminds, can get started with their first Class Pack for only $20! Simply add the Pathfinder Class Pack option you want to your Hero Lab license through the website.
- For existing Pathfinder users, if you feel that Class Packs are a better fit for your style, you can switch to the new Class Packs for free! Be sure to review all the details before converting, as it’s a one-way, one-time option. The conversion option is also a limited time offer, so don’t miss out!
Hero Lab is available for PC, Mac, and iPad.
Following the two-day CONtv LIVE live-streaming program from Wizard World Comic Con Chicago last weekend, CONtv continues to innovate in the space with a virtual ‘Con’ beginning today and ending Friday, September 4. The virtual Con will offer fans backstage access, showcasing the highlights from Chicago, including exclusive top Celebrity Q&A moments, interviews, workshops, game play and more – available only on CONtv.
Additionally, CONtv announced it has surpassed 500,000 App downloads across a broad spectrum of connected devices including Android and Mac iOS, Samsung Smart TV, Roku Players and Roku TV. CONtv is a partnership between Cinedigm and Wizard World.
The Virtual CON lineup will include:
- Wizard World Comic Con Chicago highlights featuring Jeremy Renner (Avengers, Mission Impossible), Ben McKenzie (“Gotham”), Stephen Amell (“Arrow”), the legendary man with the mustache Burt Reynolds (Cannonball Run, “Archer”) and Ian Somerhalder (“Vampire Diaries,” “Lost”)
- Expert discussions on Deadpool, Racism in Comics, filmmaking, horror, superheroes, and vampires
- Gameplay with the cast of Mortal Kombat X while discussing the new game
- Hangouts with filmmakers from the Bruce Campbell Horror Film Festival, including a sit down with some of the creative minds behind “Tales of Halloween,” a new horror film anthology and an exclusive interview with Eli Roth (Hostel, Inglorious Bastards)to discuss his upcoming movie The Green Inferno.
- Highlights from cast of Evil Dead and Evil Dead II reunion hosted by Bruce Campbell. Guests include Ted Raimi, Betsy Baker, Sarah Berry, Kassie DePaiva, Ellen Sandweiss, Teresa Tilly, Danny Hicks
- Top moments from Cosplay LIVE! Competition featuring guest judges and professional Cosplayers Heather 1337, Jenifer Ann and Toby Markham aka Sith Camaro along with celebrity judge Jason David Frank
· And more!