Family-Friendly Activities Dominate Sunday At Wizard World Toronto Comic Con
Full Day of Events Planned; Kids Under 10 Free With Paid Adult
NEW YORK and TORONTO, March 29, 2012 – Kids take center stage on Sunday, April 15, at Wizard World Toronto Comic Con with activities specially designed for youngsters taking place through out the day. Families will be able to enjoy activities such as Build a Bear featuring Mascot Bearemy; face painting, the impossibly cute Kid’s Costume Contest; Star Wars Kids: Power Hour, and Toronto Mediatheque Animation Workshop.
– Build a Bear, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Mascot Bearemy will be onsite to take photos with kids. Build a Bear will be handing out colouring pages and activity sheets and the final works will be placed in a very cool display.
– Face Painting, noon – 6 p.m. – Children will enjoy face painting throughout the day.
– Kid’s Costume Contest, 1 – 1:45 p.m., Children ages 10 and under can participate in this special event with fun prizes just for families and the youngsters.
- Star Wars Kids: Power Hour, 2 – 2:45 p.m. – It’s never too early to experience Star Wars. Bring the whole family for this special activity session featuring Star Wars-themed games, crafts and activities for children ages 3 to 10.
– Animation Domination, 4 – 6 p.m. – The National Film Board of Canada invites you to explore the process of animation with this special animation workshop designed for children ages 3 to13. Participants will have the opportunity to create their own original short film that they can keep! Space limited to 25 children. To sign up visit http://bit.ly/animationworkshop.
Toronto Comic Con is scheduled as the second stop on Wizard World’s 2012 North American tour. Hours are Saturday, April 14, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; and Sunday, April 15, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Tickets are available in advance online at http://www.wizardworldcomiccon.com/toronto.html at a savings over tickets purchased at the door. Advance adult single-day tickets are priced at $25 ($38 on site); two-day tickets are $40 ($55 on site), and tickets are free for children age 10 and under when accompanied by a paid adult (limit two children per adult). VIP packages with special entry and exclusive items are also available on a limited basis.
About Wizard World:
Wizard World produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests. The full event schedule can be found at www.wizardworldcomiccon.com.
***** SAVE THE 2012 DATES *****
April 14-15 – Toronto Comic Con
June 1-3 – Philadelphia Comic Con
August 9-12 – Chicago Comic Con
September 29-30 – Mid-Ohio Comic Con
October 26-28 – Austin Comic Con
TBD 2013 – New Orleans Comic Con